Who We Are
The Spirit Horse Program moved to it's home base in Portugal Cove in 2015. The vision of the services is aimed at enhancing the mental health and life skills of youth, adults, families, and groups through therapeutic interaction with horses. Clients will gain a sense of meaning, purpose, self-worth and belonging through use of the horse. Through being with and caring for this creature clients will learn the power of themselves as a caring and needed individual. Clients will feel self-confident and empowered to achieve recovery.At SPIRIT Horse- Stable Life we are focused on providing interactive horse experiences with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The programs are facilitated by Erin Gallant – a graduate of Therapeutic Recreation, an Equestrian Canada Coach Specialist, a Trained Mental Health Peer Supporter and a Level 3 Healing Touch Energy Work student. In addition to her educational and vocational experiences, what makes the programs here at the stable most effective is Erin’s own lived experience and self-identification with mental health issues and her journey to use horses as a tool in her recovery. Erin has been caring for horses her entire life – it has been her life long dream to pass on her experiences and her expertise to others experiencing similar obstacles and barriers in their lives. Erin’s recovery journey continues day-to-day and it is through her connection with the horses that she is able to assist others in taking the steps towards their own recovery.
In 2016 Stable Life Inc was created. Stables Life Inc. is a registered not for profit organization mandated to support people with mental illness through the provision of an Equine Assisted Program for the purpose of offering alternative ways of living a recovery based life. The organization will support children, youth and adults the tools to learn coping skills for themselves.
The objects of Stable Life Inc. are:
- Developing and providing projects for children, youth and adults with mental illness.
- Developing and providing projects that get people talking about mental illness and fight stigma.
- Developing volunteers to support the projects.
- Working with other not for profit organizations to identify individuals and groups who can benefit from the projects.
- Raising funds and applying for grants in support of projects.
- Managing the organization
- To solicit, receive and accept funds by gift, bequest or otherwise and apply these funds to the functioning of Stable Life Inc.
Stable Life Inc.'s Mission Statement is to foster recovery and wellness with the help of a professional team using the Equine Assisted Program. To provide a safe place that offers Children, Youth and Adults as well as Groups, the opportunity to move forward in life through interaction with the horse.